If you are visiting me for the first time through the Blog Hop, WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!! I am so glad you are here! I hope you will hang around for a while and follow in my adventures as a FIT BALLING RUNNING MOM!
I hope you stopped by my About me page to find out WHO IS FITBALLING RUNNING MOM.
Feel free to read my other Blog Hop spotlight posts:
Yes, as you can tell I have participated in Kristy’s Blog Hops before and LOVE THEM!!!
So much fun!
For my last spotlight posts, I followed a certain format that took through the FIT-BALLING-RUNNING-MOM. I really liked that format, so I hope you will indulge and let me share a few more things about me that make up FIT BALLING RUNNING MOM!
I have been on a recommitment to a fit and healthy lifestyle since 2013. When I think back on the many ways that I have worked to be fit, I am amazed at the number of programs that I used. If memory serves me right over the past 3 years, I have used:
- My fitness pal: when I first started my weight loss journey, counting calories and working out (cardio and weight training) worked so well for me. 6 months in the weight loss came to a screeching halt!! So it was time to try something new
- Body For Life: A 12-week nutrition and exercise program. This program focused on the types of food I was eating and increased weight training with reduced cardio. I had great success with this program. I began to understand how the types of food I ate support my workouts and overall health. The increase in weight training, significantly changed my physique and I really liked it.
- Herbalife: A global nutrition and weight management company. When my schedule got a little hectic and I was having trouble preparing meals, a friend of mine introduced me to Herbalife and their meal replacement products. I enjoyed the change up and found that using these products along with continued workout, helped to move the scale a bit and continued to help me reduce inches.
- Whole 30: A short-term nutritional reset, designed to help you put an end to unhealthy cravings and habits, restore a healthy metabolism, heal your digestive tract, and balance your immune system. I started this program because I felt like I was eating too much sugar and was having some serious bloating issues and I thought this could be a good reset for me. I did this program while I was training for a half marathon and in hindsight, for me I would not combine the 2. I lost plenty of weight and inches but I actually got a bit too this and lost plenty of muscle tone. I love my muscle tone! I will likely do this program again to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL but will make sure to limit the cardio this time.
- Make Fat Cry with Betty Rocker & ZWOW/Z-Gym with Zuzka Tabata workouts. I really do love these! Shortbut intense as all get out!
- Jillian Michaels….my women crush forever!!!
- Ashley Horner- Charlie Mike….Charlie Mike is a 6-week hardcore training program that will help you build muscle, burn fat, and turn your body into an amazing athletic machine! I loved this program too! It got me lifting crazy heavy weights and incorporated HIIT. I will be doing this program again in November.
Wowsers…are you an exhausted after reading all of that!!! LOL!
Clearly I love trying new things and really do enjoy switching it up a bit to confuse the body 😉 and keep me motivated!
I am a contact flag football player. I play on a all women’s team. This never gets old to share and talk about.
Yup that’s me HOT MAMA #1
I am a pretty aggressive player who has been given the nickname ‘tackles’..lol!!
I typically play defense (corner and line backer) and sometimes receiver.
I am a great flag puller….
the Go-Go gadget arms help 😉
I keep saying that my days are number…I am getting too old for this….but I love it so much and just can’t seem to hang my cleats up yet 😉
After we win our next National Championship (we have 3 so far!)…..maybe then I will retire….we will see!
Since being diagnosed with sever arthritis in my knee, my running has decreased significantly. 2015 was an amazing running year for me with the support of cortizone shots 4 times in the year. This year, I decided to not get any cortizone shots and this has made running a bit more painful thus reducing the amount of running that I am doing. My goal for running this year is to stay 10k ready. My only consistent running has been my track workouts with the Team Luna Chix DC, which continue to keep my speed up.
My greatest gifts in my life so far …..being chosen to be these little humans mom!
I have and will probably never love anyone as much as these little ones!
Sorry hubby….they have stolen my heart!
It may sound so cliche but everything I do, I do for them!!
I thank God everyday for these blessings!
I pray that they stay as close as they are now. They love each other so much and it is such a joy to witness!
Well there you have it Blog Hoppers…a quick view into the person who is FIT BALLING RUNNING MOM!
I hope you have enjoyed your visit.
Thanks for stopping by!
I would love to stay connected: