Well here we are the last Tuesday of 2016 so seems only appropriate to use the TOTR to look back at and share my 2016 races.
Last year at this time, I shared how amazing my 2015 racing year had been! Last year was so memorable because I accomplished race PRs that I had never thought possible. I pushed myself out of my comfort level and it paid off for sure!
2016 has been different for sure but still a great year of running!
I didn’t plan it at all but in 2016, I ran 16 race from 5ks- 15ks. I even set a PR when I wasn’t even expecting it!
2016 Race Review
Best race experience: Hands down this would have to be completing my 1st Triathlon at Savage Man 20.0. If you would have asked me last year if I would do a triathlon, I would have laughed in your face!! Well here it is I am a triathlete!
Best run: MCRRC Candy Cane Lane 5k. This was a race that I ran not for time but to support one of the runners who had been attending the Luna Chix track workouts. She had not run a race in over 5 years and was determined to run this 5k without stopping. I ran with an supported her the entire race. She pushed through and ran without stopping and finished with a good sprint and a smile.
As a Zooma Race Ambassador, New Balance supported us and I have to say i am lovign these 860v7! They are support shoes but not very heavy…just like I like it! I use these for training right now.
- Best running advice you’ve received this year: If running is hard, Run More!! Due to knee arthritis, I have significantly reduced my running. This means that I loss my running base and even running a mile without stopping has been a challenge. So I am back to square run but in order to get back to running not being hard, I have to run more!
- Most inspirational runner: Allyson Felix. She handled this year’s RIO olympics like a boss!! She overcame so much adversady this year and still finished on top becoming the most decorated US woman in Olympic track and field history!
- Favorite picture from a run or race this year: This is our group picture after the Philly Hot Chocolate 5k/15k. We had a great time and I earned a new PR 😉
- Race experience you would repeat in a heartbeat: This is a 3 way tie with Philly Hot Chocolate, Annapolis 10k and Baltimore Running Festival Marathon Relay. All were new races for me and I am am glad I did them and would repeat each in a heartbeat!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words what would they be? Challenging and rewarding.
New Races for 2016:
My 1st Triathlon:
New Race Team Friends: Final DC LUNA CHIX TEAM
I was honored to be a new member to the DC Luna Chix Running team. This was the final year of being Luna sponsored which means no more Luna Chix ;(. It was an honor to be a member and it was an experience I will never forget! A few of us have decided to transition to a Multi Sport Team (more on that soon!)
2016 was a great racing year and I am looking forward to 2017!
Thank you for taking the time to read my year in review. I really appreciate it!
How was your 2016 racing year?
Courtney of Eat Pray Run DC for the opportunity to link up with you and all the other amazing runners as we share our 2016 Race Review
Happy running all!!