Happy Wednesday all!!
I hope everyone has enjoyed their time with family and friends this holiday season. I am enjoying the week off with the kiddies and counting down to my birthday….4 days and counting!
Today’s Wednesday Word really sums up my feelings of my chronic knee arthritis. It has taken me a year to come to PEACE with but I have final come around.
I have come to PEACE that:
- Running will cause me pain in my knee;
- Running hills will cause me pain in my knee;
- Running will need to be mind over matter;
- I will need to go back to PT to workout some tightness in my IT band area;
- I will need to continue weight training to strengthen my glutes and hamstrings;
- I may need to get cortisone shotso every now and then.
Arthritis in my knee will not define me. It will not stop me from being a runner just a smarter one!
TODAY’S WORD: PEACE