Have you done any activity today for #MoveIt Monday?
I got my workout in this morning with a nice 1 miler and an Ab workout with Grokker.
As a member of the #sweatpink family, I got a free 3 month premium subscription to the Grokker.com website to try our workout and to share my thoughts with you all and I am so excited. I will share more with you about that in a later post. There will also be a giveaway with someone winning a 3 month premium subscription!!
Another good week of getting my workouts in and eating pretty well (the weekends remain a challenge for me)
#MoveItMonday started with a nice 1.25 mile sunrise run followed by a 10 minute jump rope circuit by @PopSugarr @FitSugar. Who knew jump roping for 10 minutes would kick my butt sooooo much-LAWD!!!
@jillconyers Empowered Circuit Workout.
Started with 5 min jump rope and got 425 jumps in and complete 2 rounds on the Circuit Workout.
I worked it out on the track with a well-executed descending ladder (1600m, 1200m, 800m, 400m, 200m). The goal was to maintain or improve your pace at each distance-i have to say….I nailed it! (1600-7:52,1200-5:50; 800-3:5; 400-1:32 200-:38)
I had a strong felling that my morning meeting would run late and I would miss my weekly yoga class….which I did 😦
I did get an early morning Tabata in with The Betty Rocker. it was a great quick burn for the morning.
Final long run before Ragnar DC and Brooklyn half-my pace was right on point and at 65%-75% for most of my run. I don’t think I have ever done that before.
Feeling pretty good and pretty ready for the next 2 weekends of racing.
My mileage really is not where it should be for either races but I think I did pretty well getting in higher mileage in the last month since needing to take a month off from running during training due to injury.
Fall racing season-here I come!!
Kiddies Activity Update:
Another great week for the kids and their activities. My daughter is greatly improving in gymnastics and her excitement can’t be contained on training days 🙂
My son had a great week of soccer as well. He scored a goal in his game on Saturday and had 2 assists. The coach continues to be impresses with his development.
Make sure to stop by and check out what other bloggers are talking about.
How was your week? Any plans for the week that you would like to share?
Here we are in Week 3 of the #BosuStrong Challange!
I really can’t believe its already week 3 of the #BosuStrong challenge, time flies when you’re having fun! Last week we focused on balance and I was proud of myself for balancing my daily life of working mother/wife/activity mom while still getting in all of my workouts!
This week its all about stretching and toning – so make sure you join in on the fun!
Since we’re talking about stretching here are 5 of my all time favorite stretches:
- I love to stretch my legs by doing a standing hip stretch.
- My favorite total body stretch is my weekly yoga class.
- I swear when I do the IT band/baby on the hip stretch, it feels like I am stretching the tightest rubber band ever.
- I stretch my mind by reading and coloring.
- I try to stretch out of my comfort zone by trying something new without judgment or hesitation.
And if you’re looking for a great way to tone your back muscles, here are my fave 3 tips (tricks, advice, words of wisdom, etc):
1. Push ups-nothing like pushing your body weight off the ground and holding it!
2. Pull ups-this is something I am still working on. I swear every time I go to do a pull up, it brings back memories of high school gym class-lol!
3. Renegade Rows-I do these with pretty heavy weights and I love how my back feels after doing these.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 3, time to STRETCH & TONE!: (9/21-9/25):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 9/21: We’re starting the week with some side lunges! Show us how you work those inner and outer thighs @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 9/22: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us your fave body toning move @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see you dip! Now drop down and give us 20 tricep dips. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 9/23: Grab a partner and show us how you tone it up together! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ in a good stretch this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 9/24: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body stretch. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of a time when you really stretched outside of your comfort zone (feel free to get creative!) #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 9/25: #FreeFriday. Show us your favorite stretch! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Show us a move that helps you stretch and tone #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, I WILL BE RUNNING RAGNAR DC FOR GIRLS ON THE RUN MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Please Help Me Raise Funds To Support Girls On The Run: