Happy Monday all!! I am still recovering from participating in the Ragnar DC race this past weekend. I will recap it soon but overall even with the yucky weather-I had a BLAST!!! Will I do it again……I haven’t ruled it out 🙂
Weekly Wrap: Week leading up to Ragnar DC
Since I knew that I would be pushing my body to the limit on the weekend with Ragnar DC, I took it pretty easy last week.
1 mile run followed by a yoga abs video off of grokker.com. Nice way to recover from an active weekend of long runs and football.
I worked out with @grokkerinc and began the Sarah Kusch’s Get Tight in 28, a workout program designed to help you lose weight and build total body strength. As I will be doing the workout but not on her stated schedule, my workout program will probably be closer to 45 days.
1st workout-30 Minute HIIT Workout #1. It was a kicker but felt good!
I totally planned to go to the track workout but then thought about what I was about to challenge my body to do in less than 48 hrs and decided against it.
So Wednesday and Thursday were rest days.
Friday and Saturday:
This weekend I completed one of the most challenging, most rewarding and most awesome experiences of my life since giving birth to my children.
When I agreed to join the Girls on the Run #likeagirl charity team for Ragnar DC, I had NO idea what I had gotten myself into. I agreed to spend 3 days with ladies that I didn’t know except for 1 (and she wasn’t even going to be in my van.)
Well let me tell you, Ragnar DC with the ladies of #likeagirl was an experience I will never forget!!
2 vans, 11 awesome runners, 200ish miles ( 204.5 to be exact) from Cumberland MD to Nats Park in DC.
With threats of a hurricane and miserable weather, we shook it off, said ‘bring it on’ and found our #innerwild!!
We ran in the rain and the wind, in the early morning, during the day, into and throughout the night, through the woods, through quaint towns, up, down and over hills and mountains and through the city all on limited sleep and pure adrenaline!
How was your week? Are you training for anything? Sticking to your fitness plans/goals?
Make sure to stop by and check out what other bloggers are talking about.
Last Week of #Busustrong
This week is the very last week of the #bosustrong challenge that has inspired me to dig deep and get it done!. Before starting the challenge, my goal was to get back on track and stay motivated and now that we’re in the final week I plan to continue to stay on track and continue to set new goals for myself.
This week we’re focusing on the things that make us BOSUStrong. Here are the 10 things that make me #BOSUStrong:
- I am strong and resiliant.
- I will always be mindful of my health and well being.
- I never forget what and who motivates me to be healthy and fit.
- I do love working out, living healthy and supporting others to do the same.
- I love to see non scale victories!
- I am inspired to everyone who put health, wellness and fitness on their priority list #noexcuses!
- I love to encourage others to live well….how ever that looks for them.
- I have a strong will and competitive spirit..
- I am proud of all of my attempts and successes.
- I hope to continue to inspire others.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends!
Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 4, SHOW US YOUR #BOSUSTRONG! (9/28-10/2):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 9/28: It’s #moveitmonday. Show us how you’re moving it this Monday. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 9/29: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us what makes you #BosuStrong! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see what makes you #BosuStrong. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 9/30: Planks, planks and more planks! Plank it out and show us how you’re #BosuStrong @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ it this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 10/1: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body move – the one that truly makes you feel #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of your favorite moment of this challenge #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 10/2: #FreeFriday. Show us your #BOSUstrong! #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Let’s all celebrate the final day of the challenge with dolphin pose! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).
Have a Fit-Tastic Day!!