Alanna tagged me in this pretty cool survey yesterday and I am super excited to answer these questions (thanks for the tag Alanna!). It’s always nice to see how other people answer these kinds of things. I thought her answers were pretty cool-check out her answers here.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or mountain trail?
You had me at BEACH!! I went to Miami for vacation this summer and although it was hot and humid as all get out- had to get out and run by the beach! I mean how calming and beautiful!!
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I don’t drink Gatorade anymore but if I had to choose, I would choose a blue colored flavor.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
OMG! I would stretch that $100 so far, with sales and coupons, I would get insoles, shoes, and a cute running outfit!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and then decide how far and how fast you want to run?
When I am training for a race, I like the structure that a training plan provides.
When I am not training, I enjoy the flexibility of just waking up and heading out and doing what feels good at the time.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Yeah-no brainer on this one!! Start uphill and end on a downhill. This is actually one of the reasons
I choose leg 2 for DC Ragnar.
That elevation in the beginning is serious but how much fun will that down hill be!!!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Weight training, HIIT and Yoga.
7. What is your preference-out and back, point to point, or loop runs?
I much prefer point to point, but don’t like having to map it out. For efficiency and ease that is when the out and back works well.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner it would be…?
Yup-i have to agree with Charissa and Alanna here and say running shoes! Who knew having the right shoes would make such a difference!!
Check out my new Sauconys.
My hope is to alternate between these and my Mizounos and have these be my racing shoes.
They are super light and I live the colors!!
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Alanna and I live in the same area and so going with her on mostly deer, rabbits and squirrels. At my mom’s house I often see a fox too.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
I went with my sole mates (my sister and her best friend) for a long run. We went for a change of scenery and decided to run by this lake and ended up hella far and so off course, we had to call my girlfriend to come and get us!
It was not funny at the time but quite hilarious now!
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days…what would it be?
My dad’s Pelau. It is a Trinidadian rice dish and he throws everything in the pantry in it and it is soooooo good!!
12. Capris or shorts? What do you run in most?
Capris! The way my thighs are set up….running in shorts would catch my thighs on fire!!! Lol!
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Probably about a mile and a half.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
If I drive somewhere to run, I will stick it in my sports bra otherwise, I just leave the bottom lock un-locked.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one?
Re-live and do over- RnR DC. I trained so hard for that race but the weather ended up being awful and it totally made my race miserable!!
Re-live for the PR- The Baltimore Half-Marathon. My best half to date 2:19:52 😉
16. What type of run is your least favorite?
Long runs past 6 miles.
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start?
Totally agree with Alanna on this one….I usually go from my front door because it’s easier, but I like to drive somewhere too for a change of scenery and to meet up with others to run.
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
I’ve never run with sunglasses actually. If there is sun, I run with a visor and don’t need sun glasses.
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Knowing I am almost done and a really good power push song!
That was so much fun! How would you answer this survey?
Please Help Me Raise Funds To Support Girls On The Run:
Have a Fit-Tastic Day!!
Follow me on:
Facebook: @Fit MamaMeeks Gotta Run.Play.Lift
Join Smiley 360- were you can get free products to review : http://h5.sml360.com/-/xo29